Well, Monday was not the best day. I feel engulfed and overwhelmed and no good. I seem to have become the worst version of myself and the worst version of the mother that I always wanted NOT to become!! Monday night was a bad one with both children waking for seemingly no reason and staying awake for about an hour! Tuesday started late and then I ended up rushing to school with Ana and pranging the car!!!
Michael was unsettled and so I got nothing done in the house and I began to sink.
I went to fill a small assignment at Young Women's on Tuesday night and walked some of the frustrations out. I also walked back and it felt good!
Upon coming home I pondered doing my exercise routine and then ended up just going for a long, candle-lit bath with a little classic fm on the side. I felt better, but I have to say it was not until today that I felt the mood shift.
The Young Women's President is one of my visiting teachers, upon seeing my distress last night, she and Rachel came "armed" today with goodies and conversation and laughter. It was a much appreciated visit that made me feel better on many levels. One being that someone somewhere had noticed and cared enough to do something about someone as insignificant as me feeling so blue. I felt cared for and uplifted!
The second thing that happened was that, spurred on by the more positive feelings brought about by their visit, I ventured out on an exploratory walk and discovered some beautiful areas of the valley. It was a gloriously sunny day and there was even a measure of warmth in said sunshine. The leaves are turning and the valley did look stunning.
So, I get weighed tomorrow, and kind of dread it, because I have eaten more than I should of the things that it is far too easy to eats lots of... but hopefully that walk will help a little! The chocolates that the friends brought round... not so much!
Nevertheless, my day would not have been the same without them...
Welcome to 2020! January Recap
6 years ago
3 comments:
I feel you. We all have ups and downs. Just get up and try again tomorrow. That is my motto. Are you in YW now? Let's talk soon.
I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad you have a good support system. We have all had days like that! As you know, I've had a few RECENTLY!!
Post a Comment