Monday, 9 March 2009

Handsome and Musical

Since Ana started school she has been introduced (as have I, by extension) to the world of what other 4 year olds think is cool!
Some of it is shocking, some is annoying, most is, I am glad to say, totally alien to her!
As you remember, it was world book day last week, she went as Tinkerbell... as she appears in the novel, not the Disney classic!
It was, for the most part an endearing thing to see various characters rolling up to school. There were several Harry Potters and one or two Hermiones among the crowd. There was even a Dorothy (Toto had to stay at home - health and safety issues!!)
However, much to my chagrin (and I will most probably RANT about this later) there were several Cheerleaders from a certain mass produced Disney teen musicale! Did I miss something? When did a film qualify under any criteria as fitting for World BOOK Day? I was annoyed! But this is a side track...
Ana, after said day, came home full of excitement about "handsome and musical" and "champagne" who's mean! It wasn't until we were in the supermarket and she ran up to a dress up outfit (again with the cheerleaders) and said, "Look! Mama Look! It's handsome and musical!"
The penny dropped and I realised that by proxy, she's become a fan of something she doesn't quite realise what!

So, the hot topic of conversation on the yard amongst the FOUR year olds is handsome and musical, which apparently Zac Efron is... and "champagne", or Sharpay, who is mean but very, very pink!

Oi vey! My mummy heart shrinks! But Ana remains very adorable in her delighted new discovery!