Well, it was interesting with the two little ones... and I am sure that we can do better in many ways next time, but the talks that I did hear were very timely.
As always, Elder Holland's talk filled my soul. Not only does he speak eloquently, his wordiness giving me something that I would love to aspire to, but also he speaks with such a fervent compassion and power that I am always moved very deeply by the things that he says.
What a privilege to listen to an Apostle recount the Saviour's life in such detail, as if he had seen it first hand, as though he had been there! And, because of the nature of his calling, who's to say, that, in his mind's eye, he hasn't!?
What a thrill it was to here him speak of Peter in a way that made me remember learning of him as a missionary and pondering about the "protective counsel" that he made have been given to ensure he could lead the church after Christ was gone from the earth. It made me smile!
Yes, there were many talks, President Eyring is also a constant favourite, for his emotional investment and sincerity, that I will need to go back over and sift for the gems of direction waiting for me!
As yet, we still have Sunday afternoon to listen to, after the weekend, I was too tired to stay up and focus between 9 and 11 pm, but will hopefully get to it before the end of the week!
I think that I need to find a way to focus my children more on the words of the prophets, after the weekend, any suggestions?
Welcome to 2020! January Recap
6 years ago
1 comment:
We did some cutting and sticking of apostles pictures and writing a word or two during conference that they spoke about, you could easily do that as a fun activity/FHE. My girls love to cut and stick. Just making it a part of FHE routine. In my dreams I have a FHE rota where the 1st week we do a conference talk
2nd week we let Miriam do something she's learned in Primary
3rd week something we need to focus on in our home.
4th week a scripture story.
Maybe I should implement this tonight!
Post a Comment