I thought that this was a thought provoking article:
http://askdrsears.com/html/6/T061500.asp
I was particularly drawn to the following:
"HELP YOUR CHILD BE HOME-WISE BEFORE STREET-SMARTS
Sometime during your parenting career you may run into the idea that a young child should be exposed to children with different values so that he can choose for himself. This may sound good, or at least politically correct, but it just plain doesn't work. It's like sending a ship to sea without a rudder or a captain. Only by chance will that ship reach a desirable destination. Children are too valuable to be left to chance. "
What followed afterwards was also interesting, but this encouraged me, especially as I ponder about our family culture and how is will affect the children all of their lives - for good and righteous purposes!
Let me know if the link doesn't work... I'm fairly new to this!
Welcome to 2020! January Recap
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment