Saturday, 19 April 2008

Small Joys

A little tribute to Miss Ana...

Mama isn't feeling well. At some point in the early afternoon I felt the need to run to the toilet! As I knelt there preparing myself little footsteps came in behind me and I heard a little voice asking if I was ok. During waves of nausea I explained that I thought I was going to be sick. So Miss Ana did the following...

she smoothed the hair away from my face and held it behind my neck for me. All the while she was talking in lowered tones, telling me it was going to be ok. Then, just when I thought her tenderness was going to overcome me she leaned in and gave me a little peck on the cheek.

On the days when you think that the tussles and tantrums will be the end of you and you will never see the light of normal behaviour, out comes the Sunshine Rae from behind a cloud.

2 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

So sweet! Little moments like these are what makes it all worthwhile. Then again... I could do without the sickness to bring it on...

Sarah said...

Actually, I was hesitant to put this in the main post, but she pecked my cheek and leant in closely and said, Mummy, do you want Daddy to give you a blessing?"
She then bussled away and shouted (!) up the stairs, " Daddy, mama needs you to give her a blessing! Daddeee!"
Someone somewhere must be doing something right!! ;)