Saturday, 3 May 2008

It's been a while...

I've had an interesting week. Lots doing but nothing much happening... certainly nothing photo-worthy! The exams are upon us, they remain hanging like the sword of Damocles for the next three weeks. Ricardo studies just about every minute of the day, with the necessary study breaks in which he will come downstairs, play with the children, whip them up into a frenzy and then leave to return to the books thus leaving me to restore calm!!! Mmmm!
We are hoping and praying that he gets a job with his former company up in Aberdeen again this summer. A lot hangs on that, including our financial security for the next academic year.
It worked out for us last year and there are not words to describe what a blessing that job has been for us throughout the year.

Other than exam stress, we had a relatively calm week (no emergency trips to the hairdressers, for example!) and I sit in my living room and I have managed to tidy (and keep tidy) all of the principle living rooms ready for Sunday. What calmness it brings!

I am restored to health again after my little dip over the last couple of weeks. I also note that I've been (well, actually, Michael has been) sleeping better these last couple of nights... what a difference a well rested mummy makes to the ambiance of family life! It's a little disconcerting at times, is it not!?!

Can you believe it's May already?!? Mental!

1 comment:

Megan B ♥ said...

Isn't it so interesting the effect sleep (and lack of it) has on absolutely everything else in your LIFE?? Congrats on the improvement! And I'll be keeping fingers crossed that the summer job comes through! Would you stay in Wales?