Tuesday, 24 June 2008

Ana is a funnybunny

a brief conversation with Ana that had me laughing... When she is getting sleepy I can not ask her, Are you sleepy?" Because even if she is half asleep she will always answer no! So I get around this by asking, "Are your eyes getting heavy?".
Today, after lunch, we were sitting together and she had gone quiet so I know she would be feeling sleepy, so I asked if she was feeling alright.
Ana's response: My eyes are getting heavy!
... they are SOOO heavy, they are all the way down to my nose!

Which made me just laugh at how truly and spontaneously funny little ones can be!
I love our little girl.
She has also started paying compliments to anyone and everyone. If she sees something either about someone or on them that she appreciates in any way, she will tell them. Example: To the lady we walked behind to Asda yesterday with whom we had to wait at the pelican crossing for the green man! "You have a beautiful bag!"
The lady was very surprised and obviously touched and I was simply overwhelmed by the unabashed way in which Ana can pass a compliment. We later talked about how it felt to be kind to people and what a good thing it was. It was a lovely moment.
She is going through a few leaps at the moment, some are a little challenging to me, whereas this one, her increasing articulation, loving to speak with people on the phone and her humour are simply delightful!
Little sunshine Rae!!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

It is an enchanting time when they use such great words! And soon she will be speaking Welsh as well!