Michael has a delicious blend of cheekiness and adorable-ness. When he hears music of any kind he will start to conduct! (I think this comes from watching me on Sunday mornings - and a little help from Leo!)
He has also learned a few baby signs, his first was for "Jesus" and he can recognise him in paintings, then he went through a "kiss" phase, this week we've progressed onto "dog". With the little signs, there are also (to the mother's ear) the emerging words to accompany the action.
The most amazing thing that he has done recently was to use the toilet! Yes, that's right, the toilet!
He podded through the kitchen (towards the toilet) some days ago gesturing to the appropriate area of his body saying "shishsh, shishsh" (we use the Portuguese word "shi-shi" for wee). I followed and put him on the toilet and he had a wee! He was very impressed with his little self and I was just stunned, thrilled and a little bit intimidated all at the same time.
Since then he has regularly returned after the same pattern and also to the potty that is upstairs for Ana in the night (we have no upstairs toilet in our house!!)
This morning he sat on said potty saying "shishsh, shishsh" and once again, had a wee!
Aren't kids amazing and don't they just let it shine through when we gently and lovingly let them to themselves to communicate with us their needs!
He is just lovely...
He is also learning to run and in circles which is quite amusing to watch and he thinks it is hysterical!! Belly laughs all round! I think he is getting addicted to the feeling of being dizzy, which he also thinks is hysterical!
Welcome to 2020! January Recap
6 years ago
2 comments:
How funny about the chichi. Smart kid!
What a smarty pants! I am SOooooo jealous...
Post a Comment