Sunday, 14 September 2008

Home again...

Good news, we weren't flooded in our absence! A huge relief... the house feels only a little unloved and damp from having sat empty so long.
It is surely over that! We have had a busy first few days home. Ana starts school in the morning. She certainly hasn't had the smooth, well prepared approach I would have chosen for her, yet, I know that my little girl will bounce back. She is quite unsettled tonight. She is still tired from the travelling and not quite back into her usual sleeping rhythm. Again, not what I wanted for her, but... I am just worrying and finding more things to worry about if the first thing wasn't enough!
Michael is back and calming down after travelling and is deeply in love with shoes! He has quite a vocabulary building up (in English and Portuguese) but the all time favourite word, after "daddy" (which was heard quite a few times in Sacrament meeting today!) is "shoe"! Very cute deeply endearing... he even wants to sleep in said shoes. He likes his own, but isn't fussed whose they are... Ana's, mine, Daddy's, even yours if you stand still long enough around him!!
I will scan some updated photos of them, most people have been amazed at how they have changed over the summer!
Well, here I am writing when I should be doing dishes, unpacking suitcases, washing clothes, and generally tidying up after the usual daily fallout and in bed by ten thirty having read my scriptures for half and hour! What time is it now? ... Ten thirty-five! oh well, I'll try that again tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Glad you are all home safe and sound... Must see pics, first day of school? How exciting!

Megan B ♥ said...

Naaaaaaaah, you need to recoup, regenerate, relax. :)