OK, tonight I am basking in the reflected glory of my amazing children! Ana's turn...
As most of you know, she started Welsh school towards the beginning of September. It being now only the end of October and she wanders around the house singing nursery rhymes in Welsh. She does colours in Welsh and all her numbers... pretty amazing, I think.
Then, tonight, when Daddy came home they had a few minutes of reading together on the sofa. Some counting was involved and she "taught" Daddy his numbers to ten in Welsh. Then, she did them in Portuguese!
I sat and admired. It took me until I was 22 to speak three languages and their she sits at 4!
Sometimes we question whether we do anything right, then, all of a sudden, like the sun pushing through the clouds on a rainy day, our children remind us how amazing and capable and intelligent they really are. Most of which wonderfulness comes with them and we really just need to relaxedly nurture the child to be confident and secure enough to let themselves shine through.
Ana really is a sunshine Rae... a trilingual sunshine Rae!!!
And yet, we still worry and question and concern ourselves that we are doing what needs to be done...
Parenthood, no wonder it is so essential to perfection!
I love my children, they are superb. I do get tired and worn out and then days like today come along and fill my batteries and keep me going!
Welcome to 2020! January Recap
6 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds like you just had a motherhood payday, they don't come all that often, but when they do, they are soooo rewarding! Good job Anna!
I mean... ANA! Sorry!
Post a Comment