Monday, 13 October 2008

A GP to restore your faith...

On thursday night, ana awoke at about 10.30 covered in a rash. So I rang the out of hours clinic and got an appointment for them to check it out.
The appointment being made for 11.40, we dutifully set out in the car to attend.
The GP in the clinic, who I may add was a lady, has totally restored my faith in health care practitioners working in the NHS. She was lovely, She took time, was thoughtful, observant, spoke to Ana, listened. It was like a breath of fresh air. She also took some time to talk with me about some of the things that have been worrying me of late and I have to say, having a like minded, professional hear, understand, validate and then try and help with those concerns was the best tonic that anyone could have prescribed me. I felt like a different and healthier person leaving her office!
So, a cry of "thank you" to said doctor. How amazing to carry out your profession and know that you make a difference in the lives of the people you contact. Also a cry of "thank you" heavenward to a wise Father in heaven who found an unexpected route for me to travel and to feel better!
Yay!

No comments: