It was with some trepidation that I first signed up to facebook. I was suspicious and simply lacked the motivation for it, but my sister in law persisted. I am glad that she did.
In the past 24 hours or so I seem to have found more of the missionaries that I served with than ever before. I am delighted! It is strange to speak to people that you haven't seen for about 10 years and still feel that you know them, in many cases that you know them well.
On top of that, some of the people that we served together have also surfaced and I am stuck between delight and fear about that! Delight because of how much they mean to me and fear that they won't have a clue who I am!
Anyway, I just feel a delighted buzz after being in contact with some of those people who have been deeply influential in my life! It's great! I can see photos of their lives and marriages and children and they can see mine (they may not be the most up to date of pictures, but still!)
I am happy for their happinesses and glad to be back in their lives, no matter how remotely!
Part of me always mourned that I was to live on a different land mass from them, so, I finally begin to understand how the internet connects us. Mostly I just see the "inter connectivity" of the internet as an excuse for sitting alone and actually talking with no one, but today I think I will give that particular soap box a reprieve!
Here's to old friends found and the delight the finding brings...
Yay!
Welcome to 2020! January Recap
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment