Wednesday, 4 March 2009

World Book Day

A letter came home from school with Ana today announcing that tomorrow is world book day and that should the children wish, they can dress up for school tomorrow as a fictional character of their choosing!!
How much notice do I need to run up a costume???
And this after the following week...
Monday - day closest to St. David's Day so we wore Welsh national costume to school
Tuesday - second day of celebrations with a whole school Eisteddfod to which they had to wear their house colours... Ana had to go in something red!
Wednesday - a "normal" day in which they have to go in P.E. clothes because they go straight up to the gym in the morning! (Ana does NOT like her P.E. clothes, so this morning was a tranquil and peaceful event!!!)
And so, to Thursday - World Book Day and dressing up as some fictional character!
What's on Friday???

I shudder to think!
Of course, if I were imaginative or creative, then I would be in the next room running something up on the sewing machine, but that would take talent and design the likes of which I, sadly, do not possess! Grr!

Actually, on Friday, I might not send her to school at all, rebel that I am! I think I might take her and Michael out for the day and celebrate his birthday at legoland or something similar but nearer!
Yeah... that makes Friday marginally more appealing! Heck, might even do it in fancy dress, just to keep the theme of the week running!!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Can't wait for all these joys to await me next year.