Friday, 21 November 2008

Time for a new post...

I have been wondering what I could possibly post after the last entry! There have been a selection of things that I have thought about, a list of 10 to put up, some thoughts about general life "stuff". I have started many posts and abandoned them all, it just seemed too trivial to follow such a significant thing.
Please follow what is happening to Crew and keep the Bradshaws in your prayers! Thank you!
In the October General Conference, Elder Bednar gave a talk about prayer. In it he relates an experience about offering prayers of gratitude, that actually make no requests. He relates that his wife was asked to do this directly after hearing news of a friend's death. She was hesitant but did it and felt a renewal and greater spiritual strength for having done so. When I went to offer my first prayers for the Bradshaws, I felt overwhelmed by the huge long list that I had of things I wanted to ask for in their behalf. This experience of Elder and Sister Bednar came to my mind. I expressed gratitude only for things and felt a greater soothing to my agitation than if I had made requests. I felt that Heavenly Father was paying closer attention to what I was saying, I know I was! It was almost as though the expressing of gratitude opened up a way for Father to pour out the blessings he knew would fit best, rather than the short sighted ones that I would have requested at his hand. I felt that I had touched something of the infinite and two wonderful things resulted... I felt that I had drawn closer to heaven than I had for a long time and I felt that I had done more for my friend than by merely requesting what I thought they needed. Now I was distinctly confident that they would get what Father in Heaven knew they needed and that gave me peace!
Such blessings, great and small, come to us when we hear the words of the prophets and in turn do them!
I think I should try it more often!!!!!

No comments: