Friday, 20 February 2009

Strange orange glow...

isn't it a marvellous thing when, after the months of winter, we finally reach the point when the sun can climb high enough over the valley wall to shine in the windows once again!
It was with a sense of release that I went to turn off the lights on the landing only to realise that the strange orange glow coming down the stairs was not the electric lights after all, but the sun!
There it was too, in the kitchen and the bathroom. Happy day!
Of course, it is not only the valley that blocks it for that little extra time, but also the cloud cover, what a happy day that early in the morning, neither blocked the sun shining down! A doubly rare event!

The down side?!!?

Of course, this would be the fact that now the natural light is back, it throws into sharper relief all the surfaces that need cleaning! So, while the buzz of natural light still lingered, I washed down my cupboards, even feeling happy about it...

Now, who says the sun isn't a miracle worker!!!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

It felt, dare I say it, almost spring like this week!

Megan B ♥ said...

I forget how completely sunless you are sometimes! Congrats on your sweet sunshine this week and bummer on that dust :)