Teachings for our times, that fourth Sunday of the month lesson, many love it, some are yet to grasp the vision... I was teaching in Relief Society today and President Uchtdorf's talk, "The infinite power of hope" was the lesson material.
What an amazing concept hope is!
What a destructive and insidious influence despair can be! A powerful tool in the hands of the Adversary, so powerful that despair can begin in our lives and we often don't realise it, we underestimate it and subsequently overlook it letting it nestle into the cracks and chinks and fester until we become substantially weakened.
Once again, I acknowledge that the power of the adversary is real and yet, I stand with great emotion as I say that he has nothing that can overcome the Hope of Israel. Once again, as I taught that lesson I was "hit" by the power and authority of the Saviour. Struck by his reality. Amazed by the promise of his victory; and not just any random or even every victory that he is more than capable of making, but the promise of a personal victory. The battle he fights for me as an individual. That I can have hope in my life and it can shape me and lead me onwards over and above the things that can overwhelm one and fester into despair. He reaches down and He lifts up!
As President Uchtdorf says, "Embrace and rely upon the Hope of Israel, for the love of the Son of God pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladdens every heart."
And isn't that true!!!
Welcome to 2020! January Recap
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment